Our global webhooks act as a catch-all feed. This means that setting up a global webhook will ensure that any notifications will always be sent to the webhook, no matter the state of the originating Flock.
For webhooks, a Flock can be in two states:
- ON - where webhook notifications for this Flock will be sent to the Flock defined webhooks,
- OFF - meaning no Flock defined webhooks will be used for notitications.
In both cases, if you have a globally defined webhooks set, the notifications will also be sent to the global webhooks.
This is different to our other global notification channels (for now). For our other channels, a Flock can be set to:
- ON - where it uses the Flock defined recipients,
- OFF - where no notifications will be sent for that channel,
- GLOBAL - where it'll use the globally set recipients for that channel.
You are able to omit a Flock from sending to the global webhook feed by navigating to your Global Settings page, expanding the Webhooks section, and then editing the Global Webhook Feed list:
From that list, you can toggle which Flocks are handled by the Global Webhook Feed, and which Flocks are ignored.