Description: The ability to whitelist SNMP OID's from known traffic sources (such as a printer), to remove false positives. Follow the steps below to enable Whitelisting on your Canary console.
Login to your console.
Click on "Setup" to go to the Canary settings page.
Click on "Whitelisting" from the menu.
Turn on "Ignore these SNMP OIDs".
There are a few different option for SNMP OID whitelisting.
- Comments can be added to help organise the list.
- Wildcard ( * ) can be used on the last byte.
- One OID per line
- Blank lines are allowed
- OIDs can be combined with IP's
- Wildcard ( * ) are available for combined OID:IP
- IP ranges are supports for OID:IP
Once you’ve finished, click “Save” to start applying the whitelist to new incidents.